Brand Name: Biogesic, Panadol, Tylenol
Classification: Non-narcotic analgesic, Antipyretic
- Control of pain due to headache, earache, dysmenorrhea, arthralgia, myalgia, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, immunizations, teething, tonsillectomy
- O reduce fever in viral and bacterial infections
- As a substitute for aspirin in upper GI disease, bleeding disorders clients in anticoagulant therapy and gouty arthritis
- Decreases fever by a hypothalamic effect leading to sweating and vasodilation
- Inhibits pyrogen effect on the hypothalamic-heat-regulating centers
- Inhibits CNS prostaglandin synthesis with minimal effects on peripheral prostaglandin synthesis
- Does not cause ulceration of the GI tract and causes no anticoagulant action.
- Renal Insufficiency
- Liver toxicity (hepatocyte necrosis) may occur with doses not far beyond labeled dosing.
- If 3 or more alcoholic drinks per day is consumed, consult a physician prior use.
- Minimal GI upset.
- Hemolytic Anemia
- CNS stimulation
- Hypoglycemic coma
- Liver Damage
Per Orem: 325-650mg q4h up to a maximum of 1 gram q6h.
Suppositories: 650mg q4h not to exceed 4 grams a day for up to 10 days.
- Do not exceed 4gm/24hr. in adults and 75mg/kg/day in children.
- Do not take for >5days for pain in children, 10 days for pain in adults, or more than 3 days for fever in adults.
- Extended-Release tablets are not to be chewed.
- Monitor CBC, liver and renal functions.
- Assess for fecal occult blood and nephritis.
- Avoid using OTC drugs with Acetaminophen.
- Take with food or milk to minimize GI upset.
- Report N&V. cyanosis, shortness of breath and abdominal pain as these are signs of toxicity.
- Report paleness, weakness and heart beat skips
- Report abdominal pain, jaundice, dark urine, itchiness or clay-colored stools.
- Phenmacetin may cause urine to become dark brown or wine-colored.
- Report pain that persists for more than 3-5 days
- Avoid alcohol.
- This drug is not for regular use with any form of liver disease.
search terms found:
- paracetamol drug study
- drug study of paracetamol
- paracetamol biogesic drug study
- biogesic for dysmenorrhea
- drug study of paracetamol biogesic
- paracetamol drug study scribd
- generic name of biogesic
- biogesic generic name
- drug study for paracetamol
- drug study paracetamol