PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) announced on June 23,2015 that out of the 17,891 examinees there are 9,707 passers of the Nursing Licensure Exams given by the Board of Nursing In the cities of Zamboanga, Tuguegarao, Tacloban, Pagadian, Lucena, Legazpi,Laoag, Iloilo, Davao,Dagupan, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Cabanatuan, Bagiou, Bacolod and Metro Manila conducted last May 2015.
The board of nursing members who gave the licensure exams were Chairwoman Carmencita Abaquin and its members namely Perla Po, Gloria Arcos, Carmelita Divinagracia, Carfredda Dumlao, Glenda Urquiza and Florence Cawaon.
Here are the top 5 performers of the May 2015 Nurse Licensure Examinations.
Sixteen (16) of Cebu graduates actually landed in the Top 10. If you want the complete list of the passers please see below:
Schools that gave their best and actually are now reaping their success are the following:
1. Chinese General Hospital Colleges – 100%
Silliman University – 100%
West Visayas – La Paz – 100%
2. De La Salle University – Health Sciences Institute – 98.7%
3. Benguet State University – La Trinidad – 98.68%
4. Far Eastern University – Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation – 96.61%
5. Bicol University – Legazpi – 96.23%
If you want to know the performance of other schools please see below:
It is imperative, that before any of the new nurses practice their profession in the field, they would have to take an oath of professional before the Board itself or even in any government official that is authorized to administer it. This is according to the Republic Act No. 9173 Section 16.
- Oath Form that is duly accomplished (Panunumpa ng Propesyonal)
- Current Tax Certificate (Cedula)
- 1 Piece Passport size picture that is coloured but in white background with a complete name tag.
- 2 sets of metered documentary stamps.
- 1 short brown envelope with your name and profession.
- Prepare the initial registration fee of P600 and the Annual Registration Fee of P450 for the year 2015 to 2018.
Right after getting your identification card as a professional, or even before that, you can now start planning ahead on where your nursing profession will take you. Some plan on taking medicine, or a specialty in nursing, some even plan of working in the clinical area as soon as possible. You definitely have several options, for there are now more opportunities for nurses, and the country really needs a new breed.
In behalf of rnspeak.com we would like to congratulate and welcome all the new breed of nurses in the industry of health care. Welcome to the crazy world of nursing, you have a whole life ahead of you.